E T Consultant
World Bank Group, Tunis, Tunisia
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities
The consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of advisory and lending projects in support to TTLs
- Contribute to the policy dialogue on the FCI portfolio in Tunisia, including areas such as : investment climate, firms competitiveness, subnational development, entrepreneurship, value chain development
- Conduct research and draft analytical notes on specific topics relating to job creation, entrepreneurship, SMEs development, value chains development, and investment in TunisiaParticipate in missions, provide technical inputs and guidance to Bank team and counterparts on policy and investment strategies related to the areas of intervention mentioned aboveWorks independently, seeking guidance on complex projects/issues from senior specialistWork closely with other Global Practices (GPs) as well as with IFC advisory and investment teams
- Master’s Degree in economics, public policy, international development, finance, social science, law, engineering, or other relevant discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in private or financial sector development, business management or management consulting, including government facing and private sector facing work
- Demonstrated knowledge and specialized skills required in at least one area of private sector development (investment policies, business environment, entrepreneurship, industry-specific solutions, or firm competitiveness and innovation) and key policy, regulatory, and development issues in that space.
- Knowledge of areas of financial sector development (financial inclusion and access, long-term finance, financial stability and integrity, or risk management) highly desirableSolid experience in working with economic and sectoral data and analytical tools to conduct economic or sectoral analysis and synthesize results as input into policy dialogue or a technical paper
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to communicate both verbally and in written form and liaise effectively with clients, counterparts, and colleagues
- Ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams and demonstrated diplomatic skills and cultural awareness
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) and French (spoken and written).
- Knowledge of Arabic (spoken) would be a plusKnowledge of the Tunisian institutional, political and economic context
- The consultant will work closely with the Task Team Leaders in charge of programs in Tunisia and report to the Practice Manager, FCI MENA West.