E T Consultant - Finance Analyst
World Bank Group, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world.
Role & Responsibilities:
Regional and Industry Support Activities
- Support Budget officer(s) and Regional Controller in preparation of forecasts, expense analysis and reports as necessary.Support advisory services team in its daily operations. Support Finance officer and Regional Controller in an overall AS or Upstream initiatives, as assigned.Support LAC finance team in budgeting, reporting, and financial data analysis.Participate as a member of regional projects teams as needed.
Corporate Support Activities
- Respond to queries from the Corporate Imprest Service Desk/Chennai-India, or others as required.Participate as a member of corporate projects teams as needed.
Country Office Accounting, and Finance& Budget Activities
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of country office modernization activities, including implementation of payments through Global Payments Provider.
- Review regularly expenses for accuracy, proper approval, and identification of expense category, and ensuring correction of any errors or discrepancies.
- Work with Country Manager and Finance Officer to ensure a strong control environment in the office, providing advice on control issues.Ensure that audit and quality assurance reviews’ recommendations are implemented.
- Provide advice and guidance on WBG policy and practice.
- Share new resource management & accounting and administrative policies and procedures and ensure these are communicated and followed by staff.
- Other country office accounting duties as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics with at least 5 years of working experience.
- Recognized professional accreditation (CPA, CMA, CIMA, ACCA, etc.) is a plus.Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, concepts and principles, financial accounting reporting, and cost allocations.Diligence and attention to details.
- Working knowledge of Imprest Accounting related SAP processes and transactions.
- Prior WFA Global efficiency projects ( ex. GPP ) implementation experience is an advantage
- Planning and budgeting skills proved by experience: able to produce standard activity and unit-level reports and budgets using inputs from senior staff or operational management, and to provide basic analysis of budget information.
- Advanced problem solving, analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, interpret data, retrieve information and clearly and concisely communicate results.
- Good data mining skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Package.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to prepare, present and discuss findings in written or oral form.Ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks with tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.Good knowledge of English, Portuguese and Spanish.