The World Bank Group (WBG), the largest global development institution and one of the world’s major source of development assistance, is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing economies. Governed by its 189-member countries, the WBG’s mission is to fight poverty and boost shared prosperity. Headquarters in Washington DC, the WBG has more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 offices worldwide delivering programs for governments and the private sector and working with civil society to increase understanding of development issues.
In positioning the WBG as an employer of choice and leader within the development community and to better respond to the diversified needs of the organization’s shareholders and staff, the WBG Human Resources Department (HRD) has transformed its delivery model into the following pillars:
- Client Services Department that incorporates an end-to-end staffing model and supports the implementation of HR plans and processes, including Recruitment.
- Employment Policy, Compensation and Systems Department that provides an integrated approach to managing employment policy and staff rules, driving compensation and benefit programs, and supporting service solutions, systems and analytics.
- Performance, Career and Learning Department that brings together the entire talent management life-cycle to maximize and leverage innovative solutions and strategies for increasing the WBG’s organizational and individual performance and capabilities.
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) Human Resources Department that provides design and development of HR Programs and delivery of Client Services to IFC.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Extended Term Temporary, under the direction of the Manager – Client Services and the Manager, IFC HR Programs, will provide support for Recruitment service activities. In particular, s/he will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Execute the full life cycle of recruitment management process from job posting to candidate on-boarding
- Provide support and advice to hiring managers and recruiters in implementing appropriate advertising or sourcing strategies/methods
- Post and monitor vacancy announcements on WBG website and career related sites
- Communicate process steps to hiring managers and agree on hiring timelines
- Follow up proactively with recruiters, HR Business Partners and hiring managers to track the recruitment status and manage the recruitment process in the recruitment management system, including updating candidate status, assigning relevant forms to candidates, inputting candidate and offer data and initiating on-boarding
- Review candidate applications to formulate long-lists for hiring managers, with due attention to business requirements
- Manage the appointment process, including liaising with candidates to gather required information, coordinating with HR Business Partners on the salary offer, issuing the appointment letter, and coordinating with global mobility teams on benefits and relocation
- Provide a high level of responsive, accurate and timely service to recruiters, HR Business Partners, hiring managers and candidates throughout the recruitment process
- Analyze and report recruitment metrics and provide periodic dashboards to recruiters and HR Business Partners
- Maintain the integrity and objectivity of the recruitment process within the framework of WBG and IFC policy and recruitment objectives
- Strive to minimize time to fill vacancies and on-board candidates and continuously seek opportunities to improve processes and communication to clients and candidates
- Bachelor’s degree; Master's degree will be a plus (but not mandatory) to allow for continued career development within the Team and WBG
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience managing recruitment processes in an organization of highly qualified professionals, preferably a multinational company
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills, including writing professional emails and reports and making presentations
- Experienced user of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with recruitment and HR Info Systems tools/software (especially PeopleSoft)
- Client-oriented, responsive, and able to work effectively in a diverse team
- Proven ability to manage multiple demanding clients from both inside and outside HR
- Able to understand the needs of the business (hiring units) and the objectives of the recruitment function
- Initiative, resourcefulness and creativity in getting tasks done
- Positive, open, collaborative, discreet, and able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to multi-task, deal with fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines & SLAs
- Able to deal sensitively with others (clients, colleagues, etc) in a multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to work flexible shifts as required to meet time zone differences in an international organization
- Solid references from previous employer/s