EA Node HR Advisor - Africa (0180)
Oxfam GB, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have professional qualification in Human Resources and/or related field with substantial knowledge and experience of general human resource management?
Do you have substantial knowledge and experience of capacity building and skills transfer?
Do you have experience in creating a learning and sharing environment?
If the answer is yes, then would like to hear from you.
- As, EA Node HR Advisor – Africa Region, you will be responsible for training, capacity building, strengthening and supporting good practice in the human resource function across countries where Oxfam GB is responsible for providing business support.
- You will work closely with colleagues from other functions to deliver integral support to countries and other HR practitioners globally to form a global team working together to drive service improvements and initiatives which support Oxfam GB delivery of our executing affiliate responsibilities.
What we are looking for
- You will have experience of working in countries across Africa region as well as working knowledge and experience of (country) labour law and its application. You will be able to travel often within region and occasionally to headquarters.
- You will also have substantial knowledge and experience of learning and development and knowledge management.
- This role will give you an opportunity to work with a group of passionate people with fair pay and competitive benefits package.
- Our values and commitment to safeguarding
- Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Please note: This is national role & will be based in Africa region (in countries where Oxfam GB is an Executing Affiliate).
- Further Information
- Location: Africa region (in countries where Oxfam GB is an Executing Affiliate)
- Hours: tbc
- Salary: Competitive salary (based on country salary scales)
- Job Type: Open ended
- Closing Date: 19 January 2020
- How to apply
- To apply for this rewarding and multi-faceted role please visit the following link:
- Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
- Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.