East Africa Program Development and Quality Manager
Lutheran World Relief, Nairobi/Kenya, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
Position contingent on funding
The Program Quality and Development Manager is the point person in LWR and IMA's East Africa Regional Office to facilitate positioning and technical design for donor proposals. S/he works with the country programs and the HQ Africa team to support the implementation of the business development strategy at the country level related to collecting inputs for past performance documentation, capacity statements, donor relationship building, and partnership development.
- Builds networks and relationships with donors, potential partners such as peers, local NGOs, and other strategic actors (e.g. private sector, impact investors, regional organizations, etc.).
- Leads the synthesis of data and other material from LWR projects for the development of positioning resources.
- Represents LWR-IMA in relevant fora.
- Serves as technical lead for major proposals including:
- Coordinating and facilitating project design workshops
- Ensuring the collection and synthesis of needs assessment data
- Developing theories of change
- Advising on indicator selection
- Designing robust monitoring and evaluation management plans (staffing, activities, and budgeting) that meet LWR and IMA and donor standards
- Ensures proposals meet organizational standards for program and technical quality including:
- LWR's Minimum Quality Standards and Accountability to Affected Populations
- Donor standards
- Ensures best practices from researchers and peer organizations and LWR's previous programming are integrated into the technical designs of projects
- Ensures collection of high-quality evidence (project M&E, evaluations, assessments) to strengthen future programming.
- Identify promising practices from current programming for documentation and scaling.
- Coordinates with LWR and IMA's Program Quality and Technical Support team to assess progress in building organizational-wide DMEL capacity, identify high priority ongoing needs, and establish M&E team strategies and yearly priorities.
Other: Professional development and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in international development, international relations, or related field; Master's preferred
- Seven or more years of experience in project design for multi-year, multi-million dollar agriculture and enterprise development related projects.
- Proposal and other technical writing experience desired.
- Experience with health and nutrition projects a plus.
- At least 3 years' experience with implementing bi-lateral and multi-lateral donor projects; U.S. government experience a must, European Union, DFID, and foundation donor experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience creating multi-stakeholder partnerships. Experience establishing partnerships with private sector companies a plus.
- Experience supporting teams and individuals in professional development training and coaching.
- Deep commitment to LWR's core values and an ability to model those values in relationships with partners and colleagues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English; Kiswahili proficiency preferred.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize and carry out multiple tasks efficiently under pressure and with little supervision; ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to travel within the region and internationally as needed, up to 60% of the time.
- Legally eligible to work in Kenya (this is a local hire, no relocation or other benefits provided to non-residents)