The World Bank, Ankara, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Carry out monitoring of the economy, help maintain databases, prepare short analytical notes.
- Participate in the policy dialogue with the authorities, including through but not limited to development policy lending.
- Contribute and at times lead analytical products to underpin the policy dialogue on macroeconomic and structural reforms, including quarterly macroeconomic updates.
- Work with the IMF on economic issues.
- Participate actively in the MFM Global Practice including by providing support to programs in different countries.
- Be active in at least one thematic area under the MFM Global Practice.
- In addition to the Bank-wide criteria listed below, the successful candidate for this position should have demonstrated superior technical skills, a capacity to operate successfully across sectors and with other development partners, and first-rate interpersonal skills.
- The incumbent must be able to interact effectively with members of the government, officials of donor governments, and with Bank management.
- Fluency in the Turkish language is required.
Bank-wide selection criteria include:
- A Master’s degree in economics, with at least five years of experience. Strong technical and excellent writing skills.
- Proven sense of initiative, results orientation, and leadership qualities, as well as effective teamwork skills.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak persuasively and to present ideas clearly and concisely with senior policy officials.
- Strong integrative capacities; i.e., ability to situate IBRD activities within a coherent strategic framework.
- The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background.
- Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.