International Monetary Fund (IMF), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
- The IMF - Singapore Regional Training Institute (STI), an affiliate of the IMF Institute for Capacity Development in Washington, D.C., is seeking an Economist or Senior Economist for its office in Singapore.
- The mission of the STI is to enhance the economic and policy-making capacity of countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- It is jointly funded by the IMF, the Government of Singapore and the Government of Japan.
- The STI provides training in the formulation and implementation of macroeconomic and financial policies to government officials through courses and seminars held in Singapore and, periodically, elsewhere in the region.
- Courses, conducted by IMF staff, consultants, and experienced senior officials from member countries, are designed to address the policy challenges faced by countries in the Asia-Pacific region. Courses are typically one or two weeks in length, and comprise both lectures and hands-on excel-based workshops.
The successful candidate would be expected to teach a variety of macroeconomic and financial policy courses both at the STI and in the region (including leading small workshop groups), be involved in curriculum development, and conduct research in support of the STI's activities:
- Teaching. Will teach several macroeconomic policy and finance courses in conjunction with IMF staff.
- Will also deliver workshops and customized courses jointly with IMF staff.
- The audience will include public sector officials from Asia-Pacific countries, especially officials from central banks, finance ministries, and other government economic and regulatory agencies.
- Course preparation. Will be actively involved in the preparation of course material on topics of relevance to the region.
- Course preparation will include updating/refreshing lecture materials, developing case studies based on country experiences, and updating/refreshing workshop materials.
- It may also include tailoring of course material for specific countries or groups of countries.
- Research in support of STI training (time permitting).
- Will be expected to conduct original research on economic issues of relevance to the STI's training mission.
- There are opportunities to interact with universities, government agencies (central banks and ministries of finance), research institutes, and think tanks in the region.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. or Master’s degree in economics or finance and a strong background in macroeconomics, with a special interest in financial sector issues, public finance, or monetary and exchange rate policies.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills in English are essential.
- Applicants must be willing to travel within the Asia-Pacific region to conduct occasional training courses.
- A competitive market salary is offered and, for non-residents of Singapore, relocation and living allowances are provided.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://imf.taleo.net/careersection/imf_external/jobdetail.ftl