Editorial Assistant, G-4
The Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO), Vienna, Vietnam
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, PMOS Section, Legal and External Relations Division, to:
- Prepare and process official documents for issuance, including typesetting, formatting, and correcting layout, spelling and syntax; scan and convert documents to electronic format; prepare and maintain templates for official documents; and assist in providing guidance/training to staff in other Divisions on the formatting of draft documents before submission to the Section;
- Assist in the production of print publications through layout and typesetting; assist the Publications Assistant in reviewing pre-press electronic files and page proofs prior to printing and in liaising with printer as necessary;
- Provide support to the Editor and Chief Editor in proofreading, copyediting and reference checking of official documents;
- Perform other assignments related to the work of the Section or the Division, as determined by the Chief and/or Chief Editor, and serve as backup for the Section’s formatting clerk.
- Completed secondary education. Completed courses in typesetting and design would be an asset;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as of Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on creation of publications with Adobe InDesign and the formatting of documents in MS Word. Willingness to continually improve his/her knowledge of software related to the field of work;
- At least two years of relevant practical work experience at the national or international level in document formatting or related tasks as well as in producing documents or books with Adobe InDesign. Experience with administration of electronic tools and databases for document retrieval would be an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential. Working knowledge of at least one of the other official languages of the CTBTO Preparatory Commission would be an asset.
- Professionalism – Professional competencies in the related field of work; conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; able to work independently with minimum supervision; ability to operate in compliance with organizational rules and regulations.
- Planning and Organizing - Ability to plan and organize own work within the framework of the Section’s work programme; good organizational skills.
- Communication – Very good skills in communicating with people from different backgrounds.
- Teamwork – Very good interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Technological Awareness– Ability to apply technological tools relevant to the job and to keep abreast of developments in the profession.
- Client Orientation – Skillful in identifying clients’ needs.
- Depending on qualifications and experience, indicative tax-free annual net base salary of Euro 36,913 subject to deduction of contributions to the CTBTO Provident Fund and Health Insurance Scheme. Additional benefits include, when applicable, dependency allowance and thirty working days vacation per year. This post is for local recruitment only.