Plan International, Yaounde, Cameroon
Closing Date for Applications:
He/she will perform the following tasks:
- Support the Program Support Manager; and the Country Management Team in all matters concerning Education so that strategic decisions are well documented.
- Contribute to the overall national and local education policy and strategic directions to reinforce the commitments of the government toward education for all;
- Undertake appropriate research on effective methodologies in involving local partners, including communities for the attainment of good quality service delivery and education;
- Lead the education sections developments of the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) and other country programme strategies to ensure that the sections are aligned with the government and Plan International priorities and strategies;
- Identify training needs of staff and partners, develop strategic training plans and facilitate the training process using appropriate methodologies that ensure participation;
- An up-to-date collection and dissemination of Education statistics on corporate and universal development indicators relating to the Education sector as well as the regional and International KPI to promote real time situation and informed decision are taken;
- Ensure Community Centred Child Development is taken into consideration all time to promote the approach of “children at the centre of everything which is done4”;
- Support the projects Coordinators of the emergencies in the designing of education in emergency interventions based on the outcomes of assessments of previous projects and clusters meetings;
- Ensure that issues of gender, Disaster risk reduction and resilience are factored into the program designs.
- Contribute to the mobilization of resources to diversify income sources of the Education portfolio and also for growth Collaboration with Plan International Cameroon sponsorship staff to assist in the Education matters of sponsored children.
- Make regular field visits to compare and report on consistency between actual implementation process and established/agreed implementation guidelines for all Education related projects and programmes and provide clear advice to address gaps
Qualification and Experience
- Master degree or diploma in Public Education or Education in general, development studies.
- At least 3 years working experience in similar position.
- Experience in the NGO and UN sectors preferably with child-related development issues
- Good knowledge in human right based approach to development, gender matters and CRC
- Demonstrate experience in developing strategies and designing programmes
- Demonstrate ability to assess best practice, document and disseminate lessons
- Ability to network at high levels