IRC, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
- Develop and build relationships across all levels of the education system at the national and provincial levels.
- Ensure complementarity of activity approaches in education across the activity provinces and language areas, liaise with Ministry of Education (MOE) and Provincial Education Directorate (PED) representatives and technicians on technical matters, and bear ultimate responsibility for ensuring that children in activity-supported schools achieve improved outcomes;
- Work with Monitoring and Evaluation staff to develop mechanisms to track and evaluate activities.
- Provide presentations during workshops or meetings to support the understanding of MOE and PED in relation to CBE implementation.
- Support provincial technical staff to develop short-term and long-term planning for the program approach through regular field visits.
- Participate in developing the annual implementation plan and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plan.
- Ensure that the project classes are established and maintained according to the MoE CBE policy and there is a sound plan for handing over to MoE at the end of the project.
- Preparing yearly, quarterly, monthly plans for the IRC and IPs Technical activities in Consortium; ensure that sufficient resources are allocated, and the planned activities are effectively performed.
- Oversee the quality of trainings through the level of province participation and suggest effective solutions for improvement.
- Support the training of Provincial Trainers at Provincial level through cascade support to Master Trainers
- Support Developing and conducting new or refresher trainings for the Master trainers, as necessary, based on existing
- Perform regular field visits to the provinces and randomly selected communities to ensure program quality
- Maintain regular connection with the MoE relevant departments for issues related to the CBE and community participation.
- Guide the provincial Master trainers in Technical activities in coordination with Technical Project Team
- Guide the provincial Master trainers in building the capacity and cooperating with the MoE Provincial CBE Officers.
- Promote the institution of School (Shuras) and school clusters as sustainable and effective mechanisms for management of the community-based schools.
- Work with the Education specialists to identify and strengthen areas of mutual enforcement to achieve greater learning outcomes and quality learning environment.
- Promote the achievement of INEE minimum standards especially the community participation.
- Collect and analyze data and reports related to the community mobilization activities from the provinces and prepare consolidated reports.
- Conduct/assist with evaluations and case studies for identifying best practices and lessons learned to improve the overall quality of education programming.
- Provide technical support to the education team in meeting the ECW project deliverables
- Coordinate with the other education team for matters of teacher training and community mobilization
- Attend forums and meetings of the project and the CBE/EiE WG meetings overall in Kabul.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor
- Abide by IRC personnel policies and regulations; follow any new procedures and guidelines introduced in circulars from Country Office
- Report any violations of the IRC Mandatory Reporting Policy. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members. Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform any other duties assigned by your supervisor or Kabul main office
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Education
- Three to five years of experience in relevant field
- Excellent English, Dari, and Pashto
- Self-motivated, possessing persuasion skills, ability to maintain relationship and able to work on own initiative