Education and Child Protection Specialist
World Vision, Congo
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The post supports World Vision DR Congo at the cluster level to implement its overall strategic direction to maximize the positive impact of education for children, families and communities.
The position contributes at the cluster level to the development of the overall education strategy in DR Congo, in collaboration with the national office of VM. At the cluster level, leads the development, updating and implementation of the DR Congo education strategy, providing technical support regarding education components to all programs / projects in all PAs (program area). Select and implement appropriate education project models and build the capacity of project staff and partners.
- Assist in the development of the overall strategy of the NO (National Office)
- Help develop technical approaches to education (TA)
- Assist in the development of technical guidance on education
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the design of AT / PT (technical pre-program) education to ensure it remains relevant to the context, incorporates innovation, providing information on the ground
- Keep abreast of education research, policies, directions and initiatives and ensure dissemination to field staff
- Work with WV staff and partners to guide the technical interpretation of technical models
- Take leadership, support and guide field staff in the implementation of education programs, responding to and finding solutions to problems in education programs
- Develop education work plans to include regular face-to-face support from field staff
- Ensure capacity building of field staff, including provision of technical resources and links with partners and stakeholders
- Ensure quality follow-up of all education capacity building events
- Assist field research as part of the research team, field preparation, field supervision
- Assist the DME (Design Monitoring and Evaluation) team in interpreting data and writing reports that show evidence of results and impacts
- Identify best / promising practices and successes for documentation and dissemination
- Develop publications and / or conference abstracts based on learnings and best practices
- Contribute to the development of project proposals (grants and responses) with an education component
- Provide key data and information on the ground to the GAM (Grant Acquisition and Management) team
- Assist field staff in writing and ensuring timely submission of PAs monthly / quarterly / annual reports on education activities and outcomes, as well as any grant specific reports
- Assist the NO education advisor in the monitoring, supervision and evaluation of education programs
- Ensure program alignment with TA / TP and meet minimum standards
- Technical support with the DME team in the design, redesign and development of logical frameworks for education programming
- Provide technical input in guidance notes: consulted for specific local context
- Obtain evidence from education programs and Citizen Voice and Action (CVA) data to inform policies at sub-national and national levels
- Ensure that CVA for education achieves critical mass at all access points
- Establish and maintain liaison / partnership with subnational education agencies, institutions and other partners
Qualifications / Education And / Experience
- University degree in education, sociology, etc.
- Have a good command of technical approaches to education, eg. Unlock literacy, literacy improvement, etc.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus note, etc.
- At least three years of work experience in international NGOs
- At least two years of experience in managing education programs
- Proven experience in managing community projects
- Experience in project management and design
- Project implementation and monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, demonstrated leadership and good management skills.
- Oral and written expression in fluent French is required.
- Knowledge of English is an asset.
- Know the local language