Norwegian Refugee Council, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the job:
The Education Assistant will be working under the direct supervision of the education officer, he/ she will be assisting in day to day activities and issues with education officer, and will be responsible for keeping database up to date, data collection and strongly monitoring the students’ integration to formal schools.
- Provide overall support to all activities related to Community
- Based Education and Jobs Skills training activities.
- Development of holistic and needs based programs including cash-based interventions.
- Data collection.
- Update of data base.
- Provide support in the overall implementation of Community Based Education and/or Training as needed
- Follow up and support community supervisors.
- Data collection and record of all information related to learners, teachers, vocational training, attendance, exam marks etc. in CBE and ALP
- Data entry and data base keeping
- PDM of scholastic and Community Based Education and/or training supplies
- Organize and support training facilitation
- Community mobilization and awareness
- Preparation of administrative and logistic documents
- Individual follow up and interviews with learners and graduates.
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies.
- Organization and facilitation of focus group discussion with learners and community
- Provide on the field support to of Community Based Education and/or Training
- Any other task as assigned by Area Manager
- 12 grade Certificate/ Diploma in Education Commerce, Business Administration, Community Development, Marketing, Economics, or other related field
- Minimum of 1 years’ working experience with humanitarian program in the fields of vocational training livelihoods and Education
- Knowledge of a 2nd Afghan language
- Knowledge of English is an asset
- Knowledge in cash-based interventions.
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency on Excel and Access
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Flexible and creative
- Strong organizational and logistical skills
- Result and process oriented
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change