Norwegian Refugee Council , Kyangwali, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
- Monitor and report on the project activities and ensure compliance with plans and NRC standards
- Work with the community education committees in the planning and enrollment of the activities
- Distribute and monitor the use of school materials according to procedures
- Administrate teachers’ and school children’s payments and entitlements
- Assist the teachers in their work
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- Report all protection related concerns
- Carry out data collection as required
- Prepare field reports
- Prepare and file relevant documents as required by line manager
- Responsible for community mobilization/sensitization on AEP and other related activities.
- Provide on-site support supervision and feedback to AEP teachers and Head teachers and Instructors.
- Ensure community participation, contribution and ownership in the AEP program.
- Carry home visits to AEP learners/students and take part in discussing issues that affect the child as a mentoring process.
- Liaise with community leaders to ensure that out of school children benefit from AEP activities.
- Identify community concerns that hinder the enrolment of children in AEP, retention and completion and recommend measures to address them.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on activities within each AEP school with relevant data
- Inspect and supervise regularly all the AEP centers/schools.
- Ensure a constructive co-operation with local authorities and host schools in implementing AEP activities.
- Assist in identification and registration of AEP learners (database)
- Assist in updating AEP learners’ and teachers’ data base.
- Participate in relevant meetings including coordination meetings with other education partners at field level
- Bachelor in education
- Registered with Ministry of Education and Sports and in possession of registration certificate
- Teaching experience of five years and above.
- Experience from working with education projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Ability to speak any local language commonly spoken by the beneficiaries
- Knowledge of the local context and education systems in Uganda
- Ability to work harmoniously with the refugees and host communities.
Education field: Education