Norwegian Refugee Council, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities:
The Education assistant is responsible for the daily implementation and follow up in the field and conducting outreach visit and activities.
- Monitor and report on the project activities and ensure compliance with plans and NRC standards
- Work with the communities for the identification and enrollment of children in the community center or NFE activities.
- Carry out awareness session and outreach information visit with refugees and host communities
- Distribute and monitor the use of educational materials according to procedures
- Assist the teachers in their work
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- Carry out data collection and Survey with children using NRC template and tools as require
- Prepare and file relevant documents as required by line manager
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator
- Conduct Field visits to the IS and Collective shelters in cooperation with ETO and EC to define the needs and identify new beneficiaries
- Assist with preparation of outreach work and conduct frequent outreach information with identified communities.
- Provide outreach program in the community (life skills and recreational activities) according to the module, curricula, schedule and approach)
- Carry out Survey with children twice per cycle using NRC template and tools (Mobenzi)
- Enter on daily and weekly basis data related to beneficiaries and activities in the education data base
- Assist in developing and maintaining relations with refugee and host communities, local authorities, volunteers, and other local actors.
- Assist in conducting and preparing regular mapping of relevant services being provided.
- Assist in conducting regular assessments and producing relevant reports (including focus group discussions, interviews, questionnaires, etc.).
- Organize and provide awareness sessions for children and parents.
- Assist with planning work on weekly and monthly basis in accordance with work plan
- Contribute to preparation of relevant documents (including brochures, information notes, information board updates) for target communities.
- Coordinate with all other trainers, ETOs, and EC.
- Coordinate with other NRC core competency staff at field level.
- Assist with monitoring and following-up on the quality of services provided.
- Monitoring and supervision of transport for beneficiaries (including accompanying beneficiaries on transport).
- Assist in designing the needed forms, questionnaires and other templates.
- Assist in maintaining archiving system up to date (both in hardcopies and electronically).
- Report weekly & monthly (or more often, if required) on activities and results to the relevant NRC staff.
- Carry out any administrative tasks related to education as requested and agreed upon.
- Prepare attendance records.
- Refugees focal point
- Local authorities
- Other NRC core competencies
- Professional Competencies
- University degree in education or related field.
- Experience from working with education projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Minimum of 1 year of working experience in non-governmental organization.
- Experience in psycho-social support for children’s and youth’s emotional, social, mental, and spiritual needs.
- Knowledge of NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus.
- Experience in participatory programs.
- Proficiency in English & Arabic both written and spoken
- Planning and delivering result
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments