General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities where we work in are ready for any future disasters.
The role of the Coach is conducting coaching sessions, supervision and follow up with the lead teachers during the delivery of their tasks. Coach will be full time staff. Those will be the core technical personnel of the project and will be based inside Syria
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- Support the lead teachers to literacy and numeracy needs and schedule training sessions
- Conducting the learning circles, learning walks, and individual visits
- Designing effective supervision programs
- Conducting seminars, workshops, individual Support sessions etc.
- Preparing Training materials such as module summaries, videos etc.
- Supporting and mentoring the lead teachers tasks
- Keeping attendance records
- Conducting evaluations to identify areas of improvement
- Monitor lead teachers performance and response to training
- Formulating teaching outline and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials and reference works.
- Conducting training sessions covering specified areas such as on-the-job training, refresher training, etc.
- Reporting on progress to project Coordinator/ Manager about lead teachers performance .
- Assisting lead teachers with problems concerning "how to" perform specific tasks related to their positions.
- Making suggestions on improving work procedures.
- Maintaining trainees’ personnel records.
- Develops strong relationships with trainees to develop course materials and receive feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- proven experience as a trainer(Rashidi Book)
- Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools
- Willingness to keep abreast of new techniques in corporate teaching
- Proficient in MS Office (esp. PowerPoint); e-learning software is an asset
- Organizational and time management abilities
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Communication Skills: Corporate trainers need to speak present to groups of employees, speak interpersonally with individuals, and report to management. They must be friendly, clear, strong speakers.