United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Peshawar, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure smooth and timely coordination with Education Departments of FATA/KP
- Coordination with Education Department of FATA/KP in order to present project and facilitate process to identify priority schools
- Analysis of rehabilitation assessments carried out in return areas of FATA to identify potential entry points for schools rehabilitation
- Support the FATA Secretariat to develop and maintain a database and map of damaged schools and their current status
- Coordinate regularly with other actors working on school rehabilitation in order to ensure synergy
Ensure design, implementation and monitoring of all activities under the education component of the project
- Based on the project document, develop a detailed workplan for the roll-out of activities under this component
- Establish relevant coordination forums
- Identify and engage potential implementing partners
- Assist in procurement activities related to education component of the project
- Manage contract with schools and stakeholders involved
- Ensure activities are in compliance with the UNDP and the donors rules and regulations
- Follow up and coordinate with implementing partners (NGOs) on day to day basis in order to ensure timely project delivery
Prepare regular reports and ensure reporting is in line with UNDP and donor reporting requirements
- Coordinating with project team and implementing partners to ensure accurate and timely data is provided on all components of the project
- Prepare first draft of reports for review of project management and CPRU
- Ensure project reports are in compliance with UNDP and donor reporting requirements
- Coordinate with communication focal point for production of communication material that can be used for reporting and project outreach
Provide policy advice on education to project team and other stakeholders
- Carry out regular research on education trends and policy in Pakistan and internationally.
- Use this research to provide the project management team with recommendations on how to improve the quality of the project.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- 2years of relevant experience at the national or international level in education sector, hands-on experience in coordination of development projects in post crisis scenarios.
- Experience of contract management, particularly in the education sector.Experience and knowledge of the working environment in FATA.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in the English and Urdu is required.
- Knowledge of Pushto would be an advantage.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=5423