Norwegian Refugee Council, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Role of the Education Coordinator is to make sure that the Education programm in Camps is running smoothly in cooperation with other NRC Core Competences, with Education Working Group and other protection and health providers in camps and NRC Support functions (logistics, finance and security). The Education Coordinator oversees the whole Education Staff in camp (nearly 8 staff) and support them during daily activities providing guidance and capacity building. The Education Coordinator is also responsible of the Project Cycle Management implementation: planning, reporting, data tracking, budget follow up (as delegated by PM). The EPC is as well responsible that the Syrian Incentive Based Volunteers are supported by the team during daily activities and capacity building along with making sure that proper activities’ information and follow up are provided. The EPC also monitor that child protection mechanisms are in place and followed according to NRC Child Protection SoPs.
- Line management of Core Competency project field staff.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to Core Competency strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps.
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Core Competency projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from Project Manager in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality.
- Provide regular progress reports to Project Manager (Area Manager and Core Competency Specialist if no Project Manager).
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards &
- principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Follow up on the Education programme budgeting, budget follow up, planning, reporting data tracking and implementation;
- Provide information and guidance for education programme development in line with INEE (Inter Agency Network for Education in Emergency) and Ministry of Education Standards;
- Make sure that proper refugees participation during activities’ implementation is in place by consulting with the refugees’ community (parents and children);
- Coordinate with Local authorities when required and in coordination with the Project Manager: Department of Education, Formal Schools and SRAD.
- Make sure that proper staff (IBVs and NRC national staff) capacity building is in place;
- Ensure that proper protection mechanisms are in place in cooperation with the PM and the NRC Protection department;
- Monitor on site security;
- Be focal point for external visits
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Years of Experience: 4
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Strategic thinking
- Managing performance and development