SDI, Gaziantep, Turkey
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helping in developing strategic planning for the department in line with the overall strategy of the organization.
- Represent the organization through the meetings, workshops, and other related events in Turkey or outside Turkey.
- Attend the meetings related to this position or any meeting as per the line manager request.
- Communicate and coordinate with all stakeholders, including the clusters coordinators and partners, and develop a communication mechanism with them to maintain proper channels of communication with donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Manage the Education projects in a programmatic manner in order to meet the project's objectives within budget in a timely manner and report any operational concerns.
- Ensure that Educationactivities are delivered in line with donor requirements, and in accordance with the humanitarian principles and SPHERE standards, and SDI SOPs.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports of the program progress and achievements.
- Determine any specific need for capacity building related to the position and inform the line Manager.
- Contribute to the donor mapping and communication process and identify potential donors.
- Contribute to the project and budget proposal development.
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Education or Social Sciences plus minimum 2 years of previous work experience relevant to the function.
- Background in relevant education systems with good knowledge of relevant curricula.
- Demonstrated work experience in education programmes.
- Field experience in programme implementation and coordination.
- Knowledge of refugee protection principles and framework.
- Familiarity with INEE standards.
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Previous experience of supervising, coaching and/or managing people A high level of written and spoken English Experience in working in a conflict environment. Experience in representing an organisation in external meetings
- knowledge of Microsoft office application especially Excel, Word
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Arabic language required
- High communication skills.
- Time-Management skills.
- Adaptable, self-motivated, willing to learn and take on extra duties as required.
- Have the Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously.
- Ability to achieve results effectively, considering the need for speed, scale, and quality.