Norwegian Refugee Council , Kyangwali, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the job:
NRC seeks an Education Coordinator who will be responsible for coordinating the project to realize the results and ambitions of the multi-year AEP and VST programme in Uganda, according to set quality standards and donor requirements. The coordinator will work under supervision of the Education Project Manager. S/he will contribute to partnership development, project planning, and be responsible for the project implementation and monitoring. The coordinator will line manage staff directly under the project, including implementing teams involved in the AEP/VST centres.S/he will liaise and coordinate with other implementing partners including the district education department.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs guide our actions and relationships
Role and responsibilities:
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote the rights of IDPs/refugees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Ensure alignment of NRC’s Education Core Competency to the Country Strategy.
- Participate in the development of relevant education projects to ensure complementarily with AEP/VST
- Ensure high technical quality in implementation of the project.
- Ensure that the project targets beneficiaries most in need of protection, exploring and assessing new and better ways to assist them.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Responsible for Coordination of the implementation of Accelerated Education Program and Vocational Skill Development initiative in KYANGWALI Refugee settlement.
- Day to day support to education programme team at field level on implementation of AEP/VST components.
- Lead the development of detailed project plans, quality standards, timeline, detailed budgets, in collaboration with the education team through the Education Project Manager
- Contribute to the development of the research plan in collaboration with Development unit through the Project Manager and Education Specialist.
- Lead the effective roll-out of appropriate AEP Curriculum interventions in Uganda, together with NRC education team and other education technical team.
- Document and share progress reports, case studies, programme results and the potential for replication and scaling-up with relevant stakeholders as required.
- Provide input to colleagues for proposal writing and fundraising purposes.
- Participation in relevant coordination forums with key stakeholders.
- Routine capacity building of the education team on the AEP and or VST components
- Minimum three years’ experience coordinating Education in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Technical expertise in the following areas:
- Extensive knowledge of education programming (psychosocial support is an asset).
- Knowledge and experience of programme and project implementation and coordination in complex multi-stakeholder programmes, with the capacity to coordinate multiple stakeholders.
- Expertise in technology-based learning solutions and programme management tools.
- Knowledge and experience in research and M&E.
- Strong Coordination, planning, reporting and organizational skills.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in managing/ coordinating people.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Relevant academic degree or studies (education, ICT, international development, conflict or social studies, etc.).
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal and any of the local languages spoken in the area of operation.
Education level: College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Managing performance and development.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Handling insecure environments.