Education Officer – COVID19 Response and Recovery
United Nations Volunteers, Phnom-Penh, Cambodia
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Education, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Collect and analyze data for programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation purposes, particularly in relation to COVID19 response and recovery education activities.
- Conduct field-based research, as required, on issues affecting children’s access to inclusive education, to inform UNICEF’s response to the impacts of COVID19;
- Undertake visits to field sites, assess local conditions and resources, including contribute to donor field visits.
- Support government and NGO counterparts to plan, implement and monitor activities related to COVID19 response and recovery education activities.
- Work with UNICEF-recruited technical specialists to support the planning, implementation and monitoring of COVID19 response and recovery work.
- Contribute to analysis of progress against COVID19 response and recovery education activities in the Annual Work Plan and provide input into relevant reporting.
- Attend technical coordination meetings, prepares notes and undertakes follow-up action and coordination related to our COVID19 response and recovery programme implementation and monitoring.
- Where required, assist in identification and selection of supplies and equipment for counterparts linked to planning and implementation of COVID19 response and recovery activities that support education service delivery; and contribute to the preparation of relevant financial, administrative and supply documentation according to the Annual Work Plan.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
- Post-graduate qualification in education, international development or other social science fields desirable.
Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- Experience preferred in education policy, planning and programme implementation. Experience in education in emergencies would be an asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Khmer(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Education policy and planning, curriculum development and teacher training