- The purpose of the Education Officer position is to provide support in the implementation of the Education project activities in close coordination with Education Technical Officer. In addition to that, the position holder will also be responsible for supervising the activities with the Technical Assistants in the field level.
- you can read more about this position at Job Description & NRC Grade Structure
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement to the education team
- Ensure proper filing of documents and MoVs is in place and followed.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Responsible for planning, developing and implementing the EFPR activities at the field level in close coordination with the Education Project Coordinator and Technical Assistants at the field level
- Identify the skills for the local staff necessary to implement the projects objectives and report to the Education Project Coordinator.
- In close cooperation with the members of the project team support in development of steps and procedures for planning and implementation of all elements in the program, particularly at field level
- Ensure that activities are in accordance with norms and standards
- Provide Guidance to the team members managed and report the outcomes to the Education Project Coordinator.
- Provide inputs relating to monitoring, evaluation and suggest changes and improvements in the project and materials based on observations and discussions with the local staff and the Education Project Coordinator.
- Prepare monthly reports and as required
- Support in contribution of development of proposals and budget in working close with the Education Project Coordinator.
- Communicate with and facilitate necessary agreements and understanding from local education authorities in line with the NRC protocol for communication
- Communicate, exchange information and co-operate with relevant actors.
- Work closely with the local staff of Education Sector partners in Ministries, UN agencies, Institutions and Non-Governmental Organisations when required
- Participate in relevant meetings when required
- Actively promote the rights of IDPs/returnees
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Education Project Coordinator/EPM and/or Area Manager.
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Bachelor in Education and/or other social sciences
- Two to three years’ relevant experience in Education
- Experience from working in a humanitarian, INGO, UN agencies, and line ministries
- Skills in team management, planning and field work
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge and understanding of Education in Emergencies, Community Based Education, and Accelerated Learning Program.
- Good knowledge of the fields and context in Kandahar province
- Good Knowledge of coordination mechanisms with education stakeholders
- Understand and develop positive attitudes
- Good communication, Organizational, team working and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English language – written and spoken (fluent), Pashto and Dari
- Should Respect deadline.
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Critical Thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Durable solution finder.