United Nations Children's Fund, Cairo, Egypt
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
How can you make a difference?
The Education Officer develops and manages education interventions targeting most marginalized children in Egypt. The programme is aiming at improving social cohesion and economic prosperity in Egypt through support to education. In Sinai and surrounding targeted governorates, the proposed project will seek to ensure that children in targeted areas benefitting from a safer school environment, improved teaching and learning methods, and enhanced life skills, health and safety, and conflict management practices.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support to programme development and planning through contributing to the preparation and update of the situation analysis for the development, design and management of education in emergency related programmes/projects. Contributing to the development of the Regional Refugee & Resilience Plan and establishment of sectoral programme goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning. Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing and administering a variety of technical programme transactions.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results, by working closely and collaboratively with internal colleagues and partners to collect, analyze and share information on implementation issues. Submitting reports to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention. Participating in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts. Monitor and report on the use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets).
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation through field visits and surveys to assess progress and refer to relevant officials for resolution. Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Networking and partnership building by building and sustaining effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders. Drafting communication and information materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness. Participate in appropriate inter-agency meetings and events on programming to collaborate with inter-agency partners on UNDAF operational planning and preparation of education programmes/projects. Researching information on potential donors and briefs for fund raising and partnership development purposes.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building by Contributing to identify, capture , synthesizing, and sharing lessons learned for knowledge development and capacity development of stakeholders. Applying innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have……
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset