UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, a Champion
As part of the education response, UNICEF’s non-formal education programmes focus on language learning with an aim to facilitate integration into the formal education system and into society. As part of this support, UNICEF is partnering with Akelius Foundation to support a comprehensive educational approach seeking to strengthen teacher capacity and improve the French and English language skills of children.
Under the supervision of the Education Specialist, the Education Officer is required to provide support to UNICEF education section - especially its pillar related to improvement of education quality and Non-Formal Education (NFE) - on the partnership with Akelius Foundation, reporting, data organization and NFE monitoring
How can you make a difference?
- Support the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Akelius language platform in coordination with partners;
- Support the management, oversight, and coordination of PCAs and related contracts with organizations responsible for development language learning resources, delivery of non-formal and formal education, and provision of teacher capacity, as it pertains to the delivery of the Akelius language platform;
- Set up and update a project management tool that includes timeline, activities, responsibilities, milestones, budget, expenses, risks and mitigation actions, to ensure that the project is completed on time, on budget, and with the expected quality;
- Update monthly, in written form, the Working Group of the UNICEF-Akelius Foundation partnership with key project implementation information;
- Document the planning, testing, and delivery of the Akelius platform, including challenges, good practices, and lessons learned;
- Support in report writing, drafting of presentation for donors, and governmental institutions as needed;
- Support with data cleaning and data organisation for the NFE program;
- Support monitoring visits of the NFE program;
- Support the education section - and especially the pillar related to improvement of education quality and Non-Formal education - in report writing, preparation of draft presentations for internal and external use, data cleaning and data organisation as needed and requested by the supervisor;
- Perform field programmatic visits to Non-Formal Education partners to strengthen and systematize monitoring of NFE programming and partnerships as per HACT and monitoring annual plan;
- support any additional tasks, as assigned by the supervisor;
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced degree in social science, education, applied second language acquisition, monitoring & evaluation, business, technology, economics, statistics, communication or another relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in at national or international level in project management, humanitarian response and international development, education, technology, language instruction, or a related field.
- Strong, demonstrated ability and experience in project management, coordination, working with multiple stakeholders, and under pressure is
- Knowledge of technology trends, educational technology, and enterprise software development would be an advantage.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is considered as an asset.