Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Education Officer (Database) position is to implement delegated Education project portfolio
The Education Officer (Database) will help the Education Projects in North to properly collect and store the hard and soft data and monitor the status of NRC’s Education Projects in Northern Region, focusing on Mazar, Kunduz, Sar-e-Pul and Faryab provinces. The aim of NRC’s Education programme is to enable vulnerable, displaced, returnee and host community children and youth have access to quality education in a protective environment.
Accelerated Education Programme (ALP) and Education in Emergency (EiE) is the main components of Education Projects in target provinces of North region. And providing opportunities to enrolee out of school’s children to the ALP classes to supporting governmental Hub Schools and strengthen their capacity to host the IDP, Returnee and host community out of school children to continue their Education in upper level.
The Education Officer (Database) will report to the Education Project Manager and Education Coordinator- North (North Region, Mazar Office). He/ she will provide support to Education Project Manager in overall project data collection, project reports (internal and external), data management and monitoring of Education projects in North. He/ She will play a technically supporting role in data collection and data entry working closely with the Education Officers, Assistants & Supervisors in province level during 2019. He/ she will be expected to spend up to 50% of his/ her time in the field, visiting the project sides, verify the collected data, providing technical support to Education Assistants (Database) and field team, improve the quality of storing the proper required data etc.
Note: for more details about the job, please refer to the JD attached at the bottom
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated Education project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Capacity building of Education staff in data collection methods and database related issues
- Ensuring accountable database for Education project according to all the components of project and regular update of date collection.
- Follow up with Education Assistants (Database)to perform daily data entry of collected data in field.
- Regularly monitor and administer received data collected by Education Assistants (Database).
- Generate analytical, statistical and data reports from the database (produce statistics with analysis on a monthly basis, respond to ad hoc demands from supervisors or colleagues, support in compiling other Education related reports on monthly, quarterly and grant closures);
- Follow up update of M&E Matrix and Compile for Education in North on monthly basis.
- Endure the Means of Verifications from Education projects has been uploaded in system on monthly basis according to requirements of M&E Matrix.
- Ensure data quality through implementing data management control and procedures (give feedbacks to supervisor also in the monthly report about this aspect);
- Provide regular advice/ comments for field staff on modifying databases to meet the information needs of project managers and improve the data processing and reporting capacity ensuring to fill gaps through data if any. (share Database with relevant people in office in coordination with Support Office)
- Prepare, maintain, and update files (electronic and hard copy);
- Translation of necessary documents and letters related to Education Project in North.
- Support Education Project Manager/Education Coordinator in implementation of all components of Education projects in North.
- Community mobilization: engaging the community in activities, establishing Community Advisory Boards and in facilitating the community understanding of the overall project
- Any other task as assigned by line manager.
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in similar role with INGOs and UN.
- Knowledge of Cultural, Traditional and Security context in Northern region.
- Knowledge of the local languages Dari, Uzbeki, Pashto – if different than English
- Experience in data collection and database management.
- Knowledge of Education in Emergencies projects implementation is an advantage
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects.
Education title: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or Diploma from relevant intuitions
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- Flexible and dedication
- Honest, straightforward thinker and impartial