Purpose of job: Under the supervision of Chief Field Office Maroua , P4, the officer provides professional technical , operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for education programs/projects within the country program from development planning to delivery of results , preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative program task to facilitate program development , implementation, program progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
Summary of key functions /accountabilities:
- Support to program development and planning
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Support to program:
- Contribute to the preparation/update of situation analysis for the program sector/s for development, design and management of education related programs/projects. Research and report on trends and (economic, social health etc) data for use in program development, management, monitoring, evaluation and delivery of results.
- Contribute to the development/establishment of sectoral program goals, objectives and strategies and results -based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of education and others related information for development planning and priority and goal setting.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical, program, operational and administrative transactions preparing related materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support program planning, results based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluating results.
Program management, monitoring and delivery of results:
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to discuss operational and implementation issues, provides solutions, recommendations and/or alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decision.
- Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess programs/projects and to report on required action/interventions at the higher level of program management.
- Monitor and report on the use of sectoral program resources (financial, administrative, and others assets), verify compliance with approved allocation/goals, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments , standards of accountability and integrity. Report on critical issues/findings to ensure timely resolution by management /stakeholders. Follow up on unresolved issues to ensure resolution.
- Draft regular /mandated sectoral program/project reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of program progress.
Technical and operational support to program implementation:
- Conduct regular program field visits and surveys and/or exchange information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support, take appropriate action to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution. Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system, partners and others country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices on education and related issues to support program implementation , operations and delivery of results.
Networking and partnership building:
- Build and sustain effective close working partnership with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and Knowledge to facilitate program implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on education programs.
- Draft communication and information materials for CO program advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fund raising for education programs
- Participate in appropriate inter-agency (UNCT) meetings/events on programming to collaborate with inter-agency partners/colleagues on UNDAF operational planning and preparation of education programs/projects and to integrate and harmonize UNICEF position and strategies with the UNDAF development and planning process
- Research information on potential donors and prepare resource mobilization materials and briefs for fund raising and partnership development purposes.
Innovation, Knowledge, management and capacity building:
- -Contribute to identifying, capturing, synthesizing and sharing lessons learned for knowledge development and capacity development of stakeholders.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
- Research and report on best and cutting-edge practices for development planning of knowledge products and systems.
Participate as resources person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
- Education: A University Degree in education, psychology, sociology or other social science field is required;
- Experiences: A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in education and related areas at the international and/or in a developing country is required. relevant experience in education and related areas, program/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Language requirements: Fluency in French and Knowledge of English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language is an asset.