Norwegian Refugee Council, Kampala, Uganda
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Education project officer shall implement activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans of the Education Urban Project
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise and inspect teachers and Head teachers regularly with specific focus on quality and professionalism
- Identify training needs of teachers and suggest for relevant trainings to meet the needs.
- Organize and conduct regular meetings with school/center management committees in view of improving the AEP activities
- Organize and conduct refresher trainings for school/ Centre Management Committees if necessary.
- Compile and submit monthly Education, protection and assistance activity reports.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant authorities and communities at field level.
- Identify and register learners for the education programme.
- Update the learners’ and teachers’ data base.
- Identify and coordinate school/centre logistical needs.
- Liaise with the School Management Committee (SMC) during follow up of learners and in mobilizing local resources to facilitate teaching.
- Conduct community sensitization meetings on education programme.
- Guide, supervise and appraise project Assistants under the programme.
- At least 2 year's experience from working as a Education Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Bachelors degree in Education or related subject from a reorganized institution
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to speak Arabic or any of the local languages of the beneficiaries
- Knowledge of the local context
- Thorough knowledge of the education systems in Uganda