World Vision, Fatick, Senegal
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
Implement a project whose purpose is to contribute to the improvement of learning by introducing a digital solution in schools of the Inspection d'Académie de Fatick, in particular in the four (4) Inspections of Education and Training of Fatick, Gossas, Foundiougne and Dioffior (IEF) In coordination with the school authorities and the coordinator, support schools during the implementation of the project, Provide technical support to users of laptops and tablets: students , teachers, directors, school management committees. Follow up in schools and send incident reports to report damage to equipment for repair by dedicated technical services. Be responsible for respecting the schedule, the progress of the modules, the
- The supervisor will organize meetings with schools and local stakeholders (inspectors, CGE, etc.)
- Coordinate with local authorities, IEFs, training of directors, equipment managers and teachers
- Participate in the initial training of teachers.
- Provide continuous training for teachers in the field: put in place to provide a response to the problems that arose at the start of the project
- Monitor the progress of teachers thanks to the classroom visit reports of the control body (follow the progress of the modules, the progress of supervision by the technical services)
Plan and facilitate school visits
- The supervisor makes visits to schools at the request of the principal or the person in charge of the equipment for the resolution of concrete problems. He / she will be trained to solve first level problems, the most complex being sent directly to technical support.
- Make a regular inventory of equipment and ensure their optimal functioning
- Control the progress of the project as well as any technical faults.
- Revise the work program as needed
- Resolve technical issues relating to equipment, platform and content related to ProFuturo technical support.
- Facilitate the platform to support teachers:
- Configure the classes and content of the platform.
- Carry out in situ tests and surveys, both for students and teachers
- Unplanned actions in schools
- Uphold the safeguard policy and report cases of abuse by staff members or others
Communication with remote technical support
- Under the supervision of his / her zone coordinator, he / she is responsible for:
- Transmission of faults / problems that cannot be solved in the field
- Coordination for the implementation of specific problem solving actions as well as software updates.
- Periodic follow-up appointments in person or by videoconference
- Development of monitoring reports every two weeks in relation to the project coordinator
- Any other task assigned by the Manager and the Coordinator within the framework of the project
- Work closely with community development facilitators to monitor children enrolled in World Vision programs
PROFILE: Core Skills:
Minimum qualification required:
- Bac + 3 or professional diploma in general education
- A certification in IT and in particular in maintenance is an advantage
- Pedagogical knowledge: teaching and learning methodology, educational systems, national educational pathways, curriculum, etc.
- Technical knowledge: use of devices (computer and tablet) at user level.
- Management of email, basic computer programs (Word and Excel) and social networks
- Project management: Development of time use and monitoring reports.
- Good oral expression and document writing skills in English
- Good ability to use the Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
- Mastery of data processing software (SPSS, SPHINX etc ...)
- Conducting education and life skills surveys will be an advantage