Education Officer in Emergencies
United Nations Volunteers, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
Under the supervision of the head of the Education section, the UN Volunteer will carry out the following tasks:
- Support the planning, implementation and management of education in emergency programs working with the government, UN agencies and other development / humanitarian partners and NGO counterparts in the areas of Early Childhood Education, Quality and Equity in education, including through capacity development and the strengthening of intersectoral links
- Improve project efficiency and effectiveness through implementation and follow-up activities with multiple implementing partners, including tracking UNICEF input, local conditions and resources, supply and non-supply assistance flow, and status of the education project.
- Contribute to the production, use and dissemination of information in the educational program, through participation in the writing of thematic notes, analytical analysis of the situation, SITREPs, reports to emergency donors.
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation mechanisms by developing analytical and monitoring tools that identify progress in relation to the educational objectives of the program along with obstacles and barriers. In this area, he works closely with the monitoring and planning area.
- Provide advice and technical assistance to government officials and other partners in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Support in the development of humanitarian proposals to donors
- Conduct field visits to monitor programs, as well as conduct periodic program reviews with government and NGO counterparts and other partners.
- Any other related task that may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Participate in the different humanitarian coordination forums (education cluster, any other cluster / sub-cluster of interest, government coordination forums, if any)
- Coordinates with colleagues from other areas of UNICEF to ensure the intersectorality of humanitarian programming.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- Required degree level
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Educational additional comments
- Bachelor's degree in areas of social sciences, education, development, social work or related areas.
- 24 Months
- Experience remark
- 2 years of relevant professional experience in Education Programs or at least one experience in Education in Emergency Programs. International experience is advantageous.
- Spanish (Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English (Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge