Education Programme Development Manager
Norwegian Refugee Council, Libya
Closing Date for Applications:
NRC began operations in Libya in 2017 and has continued to scale up its operational and programming presence supporting IDPs, returnees, host communities as well as vulnerable non-Libyan communities. NRC implements Education, Shelter, ICLA and WASH activities in Tripoli and Benghazi. NRC is the co-lead of the National Education and Shelter Sector Working Groups and a member of the Libyan INGO Forum.
- We believe in Rights Respected & People Protected.
- The purpose of the Education Programme Development Manager is to be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring of Education activities in Libya. This will include further assessing needs to make appropriate programming. There will also be a focus on capacity building of NRC staff and the technical quality of Education interventions.
- In this position you will receive accommodation, home leave R&R.
- You'll also receive medical insurance and a pension scheme.
- We are looking for an experienced humanitarian worker within the education field, with experience in the Middle East or North African context.
- A strong leader who has the ability to develop a programme, lead a team and build their capacity.
- Fluency in English is required and Arabic is an asset.
- Further develop NRC education programme strategy in Libya, in line with NRC programme policy and global strategic priorities.
- Recruitment, capacity-building and mentoring of staff and partners, to operationalise quality for timely and comprehensive education programming
- Further develop programme approaches and activities that can be expanded to other project areas, such as Adolescent Girl initiatives
- Lead on Education/Youth assessments, especially the ongoing Out of School Children assessment, and contribute to evidence-based programming
- Further develop Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Hold position as Co-Coordinator for the national Education Sector Working Group, fulfilling the ToR for this role according to UNICEF
- Assist in coordination with local authorities, community representatives and other stakeholders, including NGOs and UN
- Plan and liaise constantly with CD and CC colleagues to ensure complementarity of intervention between Education and other CCs, especially with school rehabilitation and legal assistance for education access
- Responsible for representing NRC in Libya for Education and other related topics