The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We protect displaced people and support them as they build a new future. We started our relief efforts after World War Two. Today, we work in both new and protracted crises across more than 30 countries. We specialise in six areas: food security, education, shelter, legal assistance, camp management, and water, sanitation and hygiene.
We stand up for people forced to flee. NRC is a determined advocate for displaced people. We promote and defend displaced people's rights and dignity in local communities, with national governments and in the international arena. NRC’s Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva is a global leader in monitoring, reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
We respond quickly to emergencies. Our expert deployment capacity, NORCAP, boasts around 1,000 experts from all over the world who can be deployed within 72 hours. Our experts help improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
Around 6,000 men and women work for the Norwegian Refugee Council. Most of us are hired locally to work in the field, and a small number are based at our head office in Oslo. Many of our colleagues were once themselves fleeing their homes.
- NRC began operations in Libya in 2017 and has continued to scale up its operational and programming presence supporting IDPs, returnees, host communities as well as vulnerable non-Libyan communities. NRC implements Education, Shelter, ICLA and WASH activities in Tripoli and Benghazi. NRC is the co-lead of the National Education and Shelter Sector Working Groups and a member of the Libyan INGO Forum.
- We believe in Rights Respected & People Protected.
- Want to learn more about NRC? please visit our also you can read our policy paper attached below.
- The purpose of the Education Programme Development Manager is to be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring of Education activities in Libya. This will include further assessing needs to make appropriate programming. There will also be a focus on capacity building of NRC staff and the technical quality of Education interventions.
- In this position you will receive accommodation, home leave R&R.
- You'll also receive medical insurance and a pension scheme.
- We are looking for an experienced humanitarian worker within the education field, with experience in the Middle East or North African context.
- A strong leader who has the ability to develop a programme, lead a team and build their capacity.
- Fluency in English is required and Arabic is an asset.
- Further develop NRC education programme strategy in Libya, in line with NRC programme policy and global strategic priorities.
- Recruitment, capacity-building and mentoring of staff and partners, to operationalise quality for timely and comprehensive education programming
- Further develop programme approaches and activities that can be expanded to other project areas, such as Adolescent Girl initiatives
- Lead on Education/Youth assessments, especially the ongoing Out of School Children assessment, and contribute to evidence-based programming
- Further develop Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Hold position as Co-Coordinator for the national Education Sector Working Group, fulfilling the ToR for this role according to UNICEF
- Assist in coordination with local authorities, community representatives and other stakeholders, including NGOs and UN
- Plan and liaise constantly with CD and CC colleagues to ensure complementarity of intervention between Education and other CCs, especially with school rehabilitation and legal assistance for education access
- Responsible for representing NRC in Libya for Education and other related topics
- Contract period: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- Duty station: Tripoli, Libya
- Non-Family duty station
- Travel: up to 30% between Tripoli and Benghazi
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
- NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- NB: Please enter the geographical location in the "Company name" field for both company and location on your application.
- For more jobs follow us on