Education Team Leader
Norwegian Refugee Council, Syria
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
NRC in Syria
NRC is in Syria to support people affected by forced displacement (IDPs, returnees, host community etc.) so that they can have access to timely and effective assistance, to cope with the crisis and when the crisis ends return and rebuild their lives. Since the start of its activities in mid-2016 in Syria, NRC has reached with humanitarian assistance more than 360,000 people, out of which more than 150,000 reached in 2018 alone in the Governorates of Damascus, Aleppo and Rif Damascus.
NRC will continue to apply an integrated programming approach, where Education, capacity building, Shelter/WASH, and Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) programmes work jointly to enable displacement-affected populations to meet their basic needs, enjoy their rights, and benefit from pathways to durable solutions.
Role Specific Information:
- In close coordination with the Education Project Coordinator, ensure planning, timely implementation, monitoring and evaluation of children education/youth education projects assigned, in line with donor requirements and NRC education strategy.
- Work with the Education technical team to ensure high technical quality of project/s and identify concrete opportunities for stronger CC-integration;
- Support the team in the set up and implementation of the children education (non-formal and education programmes inside and outside schools) or youth education (vocational training, lifeskills, business start-up, etc.) projects. Provide them with guidance on re-adjustment of project(s)/activities, in order to meet the objectives of the education programme and the changing realities faced on the ground.
- Lead in activity implementation in the field locations assigned
- Contribute to the improvement/development of procedures and tools for project follow-up
- Ongoing liaison with Support staff (logistics; finance; HR), M & E and other CCs. Assist the team in carrying out logistical arrangements connected to project activities.
- Travel to project locations and education sites on a regular basis, for planning, coordination, and/or monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Build the capacity of the children/youth education team to operationalize quality, timely and comprehensive education programming.
- Identify suitable outreach strategies and ensure fair and dignifying access, selection, and treatment of beneficiaries.
- Ensure that project activities are documented in line with NRC compliance standards.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor degree is required; Master's degree is preferable (a degree/diploma in Education, Social Science or Project/Business Management is considered an advantage).
- Demonstrated training/facilitation experience and/or classroom-based teaching experience preferred
- Team Management / leadership experience of minimum 2 years
- Knowledge of formal and non-formal education/vocational training and entrepreneurship/business start-up programming preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in working with relevant line Ministries & local and international NGOs preferred
- Knowledge of Education System in Syria
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Pack (word, excel, ppt).