Norwegian Refugee Council, Kandahar, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the job:
The purpose of the Education Technical Assistant position is to provide support in the implementation of the Education project activities in close coordination with The Education Officer and Education Technical Officer. In addition to that, the position holder will also be responsible for providing support in supervising the activities with the Community Mobilizer/Supervisors and Teachers in the field level.Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement to the education team
- Ensure proper filing of documents and MoVs is in place and followed.
- Development of holistic and needs based programs including cash-based interventions.
- Responsible for implementing the planned education activities at the field level in close coordination with the field team and Education Officer
- In close cooperation with the members of the project team provide technical support in implementation of the planned activities at the field level in districts
- Ensure that activities are in accordance with norms and standards defined by the education team
- Provide technical support and guidance to the field teams in implementation of field tasks/activities
- Provide inputs and support in reporting of the technical needs and support of the field teams and report to the Education Officer
- Contribute in preparation of the monthly reports and as required
- Provide technical inputs and data of the field to the Education officer and Technical officer (team leader) when required in development of proposals and budgets
- Build coordination mechanisms at the community level for the field teams and community stakeholders
- Support community teams in community mobilization and data collection and analysis
- Communicate, exchange information and co-operate with relevant communities and the community level
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses.
- Provide support in working closely with the local staff of Education Sector partners in Ministries, UN agencies, Institutions and Non-Governmental Organisations at the community level and province level when required
- Participate in relevant meetings when required
- Actively promote the rights of IDPs/returnees
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Education Officer, Education Technical Officer (Team Leader) PM and/or Area Manager.
- 12th Graduate, Diploma, and/or Bachelor in Education and/or other social sciences
- One to two years’ relevant experience in Education and Education in Emergencies
- Experience from working in a humanitarian, INGO, UN agencies, and line ministries
- Skills in community mobilization, team work, and planning and field work
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge and understanding of Education in Emergencies, Community Based Education, and Accelerated Learning Program.
- Good knowledge of the fields and context in Kandahar province
- Good Knowledge of coordination mechanisms with education stakeholders and communities
- Understand and develop positive attitudes
- Knowledge in cash-based interventions.
- Knowledge in English language – written and spoken (good), Pashtu and Dari
- Should Respect deadline.
- Critical Thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Durable solution finder