Education Technical Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council, Syria
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to improving and streamlining the processes and procedures related to the selection of and engagement with Casual Resources. Ensure that they are up-to-date and aligned to programmatic needs and field-level constraints and opportunities.
- Act as Focal Point in the Education Department in relation to the NRC HR Department. Support the Education Project Coordinator (need-based) in HR related matters managed at the level of the Education Department, such as but not limited to: a) Preparing, centralizing, collecting, sharing with relevant stakeholders and/or filling relevant HR documentation (attendance sheets, leave/overtime requests, recruitment requests, etc.); b) Supporting the PC in planning and keeping track of relevant Edu HR related matters: recruitment, capacity building, etc.); c) Preparing and filing admin documentation related to recruitment processes, support in candidate shortlisting and testing and interview panels (as an observer), etc., based on need and capacity, on behalf of the Education Department.
- Responsible for the casual resources selection, induction, processing of corresponding documentation and payment; ensure that all processes are conducted in line with NRC policies. Act as focal point in case of complaints or suggestions. Identify new, context-sensitive, and efficient modalities to capacitate and increase the motivation and commitment of casual resources in their collaboration with NRC. Identify safety risks and mitigation measures.
- Support the Education Department in ensuring that relevant NRC procedures and policies are being followed.
- Translate documentation from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Ensure that corresponding documentation is properly filed and archived in the Education
- Department, in line with the relevant NRC procedures.
- Provide assistance in the implementation of activities in field locations as per need.
- Other duties, depending on programme and management requests, such as but not limited to: admin or logistical support, data entry, assessments, etc.
- Total work experience of min. 3 years, including experience: a) in the humanitarian sector (ideally in education/PSS/livelihoods) and/or b) with relevant administrative tasks
- Basic understanding of HR matters such as recruitment, induction, HR documentation, ideally paired with relevant experience of min 1 year.
- Availability to travel on missions across different Governorates in Syria, for periods of time of up to 3 months
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- University degree
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts; Fluency in Arabic and good
- command of English
- Good working knowledge of MS Office package Previous experience/volunteering in the humanitarian sector preferred