Purpose of the Job:
The Education Technical Assistant will help the Education Technical Assistant in Sar-e-Pul to properly implement and monitor the ALP and CBE classes in Sar-e-Pul provinces. The aim of NRC’s Education programme is to enable vulnerable, displaced, returnee and host community children and youth have access to quality education in a protective environment.
Accelerated Learning Program (ALP) Community Based Classes (CBE) and Education in Emergency (EiE) is the main components of Education Projects in Sar-e-Pul Province. And providing opportunities to enrolee out of school’s children to the ALP and CBE classes to supporting governmental Hub Schools and strengthen their capacity to host the IDP, Returnee and host community out of school children to continue their Education in upper level.
The Education Technical Assistant will report to the Education Officer in Sar-e-Pul working under the guidance and technical support of Education Project Manager(PM) and Project Coordinator (PC) in North and Education Specialist (Support Office, Kabul). He/ she will provide support to Education Officer in overall project implementation including need assessments, community sensitization, beneficiary selection, capacity building of ALP and CBE teachers and Education Supervisors, data collection, data entry, project reports and monitoring of Education projects in Sar-e-Pul. He/ She will play a technically supporting role in implementing EiE, ALP and CBE components of Education project working closely with the Education Officer and focal point in province level during 2020. He/ she will be expected to spend up to 50% of his/ her time in the field, visiting the project sides and providing technical support to the team etc.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the Education project portfolio according to plan of action
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise
- Provide support in the overall implementation of ALP, CBE, SIP and Education Project.
- Follow up and support ALP/CBC teachers.
- Data collection and record of all information related to learners, teachers, attendance, exam marks, distributions and training in ALP activities
- Data entry and data base keeping
- Organize and support training facilitation
- Community mobilization and awareness
- Preparation of administrative and logistic documents
- Individual follow up and interviews with learners and graduates.
- Organization and facilitation of focus group discussion with learners and community
- Provide on the field support to ALP, CBE and School Improvement Plan (SIP) for Education Officer.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses
- Any other task as assigned by immediate line manager
- University degree in Social Science, Psychology, Community Development and/or Certification/ Diploma within Education field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ working experience with humanitarian program in the fields of ALP, CBE, EiE and Education
- Access to computer programmes like MS. Office Package especially (MS. Word, MS. Excel & MS. Power Point) is required
- Ability to travel to target districts of Sar-e-Pul Province
- Good analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Knowledge of the local language Dari, Uzbeki, Pashto
- Good Knowledge of English is language is a requirement.
- Knowledge of ALP, CBE, SIP
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Flexible and creative
- Familiarity with organizational and logistical skills
- Previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or INGOs.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English is an asset
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Coping with change