Education Technical Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council , Kibondo, Tanzania
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the technical assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the Education project.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Contribute to technical implementation of the Youth Education Program through daily supervision, coordination with partners and provide support to Vocation Centre and incentive staff in line with NRC quality standards
- Responsible to secure documentation by ensuring that all distribution lists are scanned and archived in one drive
- Assist NRC Education team in daily field activity planning and implementation
- Take part in general assessments and carry out data collection to inform project design
- Assist in mobilizing the community for proper participation and contribution to activities initiated by NRC in the camps
- Responsible for provision and supervision distributed education materials
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by the supervisor
- Support the Education officer in formulation of project work plans and provide quality and timely reports to the officer on projects progress.
- Strengthen coordination with government technical departments, camp management authorities and partners
- Support the preparation PRs and follows up for timely procurement of materials, tools and services.
- Experience from working as Education and/or Livelihood Assistant or Officer in a humanitarian or development context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, oral and written
- Participate in appropriate professional development of project portfolio
- At all times in and outside work adhere to NRC Code of Conduct
- Degree/Higher Diploma in Engineering Science from a recognized technical college/university
- Proven practical experience in working youth/ young people including TVET colleges and humanitarian assistance
- Innovative in technical related skills
- Ability to initiate, develop, plan and implement an integrated programme.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural/ political environment and managing conflicting.
- Understanding of humanitarian standards and principles
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups, PSN etc)
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into vocational skills training programming.