Emergency Assistant- Distribution
Danish Refugee Council, Al-Dhale’a, Yemen
Closing Date for Applications:
About the job
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC has worked in Yemen since 2008 responding to Food Security & Livelihood, the protection, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene promotion (WASH) and assistance needs of IDPs, migrants, children and local communities in collaboration with key national and international agencies.
DRC is going to implement a Cash transfer program in Al-Dhale’a governorate in consortium with other INGOs targeting IDPs and Host community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Emergency officer, Team Leader partners, and Local Authorities, community representatives to identify and select beneficiaries.
- Identify and sensitize community people and other stakeholders about project goal, objectives, beneficiary targeting criteria, duration of project etc.
- Form community committees, beneficiary selection and registration, preparing beneficiary database, and verification of beneficiaries.
- Preparing ID card for the targeted beneficiaries, formats and templates for maintaining the cash transfer.
- Arrange training for the volunteers, community committee and workers.
- Identify cash distribution points and assess the cash feasibility and risk assessments.
- Monitor cash distribution in the distribution points
- Conduct market assessment, need assessment, market monitoring etc.
- Any other task requested by the Emergency Team Leader
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least two years’ experience in cash /voucher program in a conflict setting is essential.
- Experience community selection, beneficiary selection, registration and verification
- Experience in market monitoring, distribution monitoring, post distribution monitoring, cash for work activities etc.
- Very good understanding in food security and livelihoods programming
- Excellent planning, coordination and communication skills;
- Proficient in English & Arabic;
- Excellent skills in MS Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint - to compile food distribution statistics;
- Ability/willingness to undertake frequent field visits and be a team player;
- Ability to work under pressure and insecure environment.