The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) in CAR recruits an experienced and highly qualified Emergency Program Manager (Paoua) to manage and plan activities related to the DRC project in CAR.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international Danish non-governmental organization that promotes and implements durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced persons throughout the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict countries helping displaced populations through shelter construction, food provision, income generation, legal aid and a wide range of other services protection.
About DRC in the CAR:
DRC is one of the largest INGOs in the Central African Republic, working in three regions (Ouham, Ouham-Pendé, Ombella-M'Poko). The programmatic strategy focuses on the following three sectors: protection and social cohesion; economic recovery and livelihoods; emergency response to the immediate needs of displacement.
Description of the role in the zone:
The Emergency Program Manager is responsible for DRC's emergency response in CAR and is an essential part of the programming and implementation of emergency operations. The objective of DRC is to respond effectively to the humanitarian emergency in CAR, alleviate suffering, build trust with local stakeholders and increase access to expand the reach and the impact of emergency programs. Beyond the traditional emergency humanitarian response that encompasses the WASH, shelter and NFI sectors, DRC's emergency response currently encompasses protection and livelihood activities, in an integrated manner, to maximize the impact of the action.
- Staff management under his direct supervision (supervision, performance management, recruitment)
- Capacity building of staff of the Emergencies program
- Supervise and follow the development of the schedules of the activities as well as their implementation.
- Monitor the establishment of purchase records to ensure they comply with DRC procedures and donor rules.
- Ensure budget management for his area of expertise.
The incumbent of this position is liable for:
- Achievement of goals and objectives assigned to projects under his supervision
- Making informed decisions that impact the smooth operation of the supervised project (s)
- Ensure compliance of current and proposed projects with DRC humanitarian activities
- Develop tools and processes to capture, share and incorporate lessons learned and best practices to inform and improve the quality of programming
- Writing, programming, implementation, monitoring and reporting on emergency projects.
- Monitoring project budgets
- Conduct needs assessments.
- The definition of the activities to be implemented in line with the results of the needs assessments and in coordination with the other actors present in the localities.
- Ensure that programs are implemented in accordance with standard DRC rules and its operational procedures
- Ensure that at all times contact with the beneficiaries, the target groups and the representatives of the authorities are conducted in a correct and respectful manner.
Accountability and reporting:
- Compliance with the DRC Handbook Program; continually monitor and take initiatives to improve accountability and document the impact of activities.
- Adhere to the DRC security procedures as described in the "DRC Operations Handbook" as well as locally taken action.
Representation and Coordination:
- Represent DRC in relevant cluster / sub-cluster / theme group meetings
- Coordination with other actors in the sector: UN, INGO, NGON, state actors.
- Timely production of quality project narrative reports under his supervision.
Diploma: Bac +5 in social sciences, rural development or one of the relevant fields of activities led (WASH, Shelters). A 5-year work experience in the field of emergencies especially for projects including WASH, shelters and NFIs in addition to the BAC is acceptable.
Experience and technical skills:
- At least three (3) years of experience in a project management / emergency program role
- Experience in writing proposals and reporting to donors
- Project / Program Management Experience with Wash and NFIs / Shelters
- Capable of working in areas with security challenges, operating under strict security guidelines
- Ability in building staff capacity
- Mastering French. Knowledge of English is an asset.
- Work experience with major emergency donors is an asset
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- Experience working with IDPs and / or refugees
- Good knowledge of the office pack: Word, Excel and Power-point
- Experience in using an ERP-based ERP is an advantage