Emergency Project Manager
Handicap International - Humanity & Inclusion, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The intensity of the disaster in Central America caused by ETA and IOTA hurricanes and the call for humanitarian assistance from the government of Honduras led HI to organize this rapid exploratory mission under the Authority of the Emergency Division. The objective of this mission was to understand the impact of the hurricanes on the population already strongly affected by COVID-19 crisis, to assess the response capacities of the actors present on the area and the potential gaps and to figure out the coordination mechanism in place.
Based in Tegucigalpa/San Pedro Sula, reporting to the Emergency Coordinator in Honduras, as Project Manager your missions are:
- Recruits and line-manages the project’s team members
- Manages the recruitment and selection of new team members
- Ensures strict application and respect of the Internal Regulation by related staff.
- Provides the technical expertise for his/her project
- Helps to coordinate technical professional development and facilitate a community of practice, in collaboration with Technical Division
- Manages relationships with technical authorities, local partners or other stakeholders
Implementation and Monitoring
- Finalizes the emergency strategy of intervention, adapt/adjust it upon needs;
- Formalizes the operational framework for intervention implementation in link with relevant interlocutors/ensure this framework is produced: operational and technical guidance and tools;
- Ensures training and capacity building of the project’s team for intervention implementation;
- Ensures project implementation, in collaboration with the relevant services and in line with general standards and procedures
- Ensures project data management
- Ensures project reporting
- Prepares and steers project evaluation and capitalisation
Influence & Communication
- Contributes to HI’s external influence by participating in relevant networks
- Communicates on the project to partners, authorities and stakeholders when relevant
Strategy & business development
- Contributes to the Emergency Strategy in Honduras.
- If requested, drafts new project proposals for the continuity or expansion of the project
- If requested, contributes to the drafting of new proposals for new opportunities
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold a high degree diploma (recommended)
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience in the field of emergency intervention implementation & coordination
- You have experience in the management of Basic Needs (WASH; Shelter; NFI; Food Security; Cash) project and in the management of Protection activities.
- You have knowledge of Basic Needs sectors of intervention
- You are able to work under pressure and have Strong project and team management skills
- You are an excellent English/French and Spanish speaker (both oral and written).
- You have a High level of autonomy and initiative; demonstrate Strong organizational skills as well as interpersonal and multicultural skills;
- You have strong communication, organisational and reporting skills