Emergency Response Assistant
United Nations Development Programme, Teheran, Iran
Closing Date for Applications:
Emergency Response Assistant will work in UNDSS office under overall supervision of the UN Security Advisor and will receive technical guidance/supervision from the Local Security Assistants (LSA) of the United Nations Department of Safety and Security.
The contract will be administered by UNDP.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Assist in supporting all matters pertaining to the safety and security of UN personnel, premises and assets;
- Backstopping UN Security Operations Centre (UNSOC) Emergency Communication Assistant (ECA) when and as required, operate all UN Security Communications Systems (SCS) in Iran and answer all incoming calls, respond to general inquiries and conduct radio check exercises. Keep logs for all communication records;
- Track and report the staff on mission/vehicle tracking;
- Coordinate his/her actions with the Security Adviser in cases of emergency or security issues concerning any UN Agency or UN staff member/personnel according to DSS protocols;
- Assist in Admin and logistics supports in the following areas: prepare attendance records, maintain data bases and assets lists, documents update and filing, and ensure functionality of office equipment including vehicles. Maintain the record of the inventory of the DSS and arrange for immediate repairs or replacement of malfunctioning equipment;
- Receive verbal and written messages from the SA and LSAs and where necessary circulate to security officials and UN staff members/personnel. Maintain chronological files for outgoing and incoming messages;
- Assist the DSS in preparation and dispatch of the summary of security incident and other general information reports. Draft and translate note verbales, letters, notes and other correspondence.
- Prepare payment requests for office expenses. Relate with required offices for procurement of equipment;
- Assist in preparations and conducting security meetings and training sessions;
- Provide required supports in order to maintain 24/7 UNDSS responsiveness.
- Perform any other relevant operational and administrative duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or above.
- Having Knowledge in Telecommunications or Information Technology/electronics would be a bonus.
- Amateur radio licenses would be a bonus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the relevant filed.
- Skilled in Ms. Office, Internet, email, software and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Good coordination and control skills to act swiftly and adequately in case of emergencies, accidents, or any kind of problems with cars or offices in the field.
- Basic knowledge of the operation of HF and VHF radio voice/data systems, programming, installation and configuration of Codan and Motorola VHF/HF systems.
- Excellent fluency in English and Farsi.