Emergency Response Manager
Norwegian Refugee Council, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Emergency Response Manager is to coordinate and lead the different emergency response initiatives in Afghanistan. This role is responsible to lead the programme development of the emergency response and ensure quality implementation, in close coordination with core competency specialist in areas of expertise. The role is also responsible to allocate and capacity needed resources for the emergency.
- Develop strategy, technical guidance and SOPs for the emergency response.
- Developing robust emergency setups based on appropriate needs analysis with an integrated program approach.
- Responsible for developing and quality compliance of all donor proposals, budgets and donor reports related to Emergency response
- Ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation of the emergency response
- In close collaboration with the CC specialists contribute to the development of macro LFAs reflecting the emergency response strategies and approach
- Responsible for development of emergency preparedness planning within the country operation.
- Overall oversight and management of emergency response projects covering different areas and interventions. This includes leading prioritization and validation process for interventions, developing detailed activity plans and budgets for proper delegation to the Area managers responsible of the implementation.
- Responsible for representing NRC at the coordination mechanism for emergency response and acting as the NRC focal point for Rapid Response Mechanism (if existing/or if NRC is a part thereof)
- Responsible for context analysis and development of scenarios for potential displacements in relation to the emergency response and sharing this information to relevant stakeholders.
- In close collaboration with the M&E Coordinator/Manager, ensure the development of quality control and monitoring/evaluation standards for the emergency response
- Ensure that the existing SOPs supporting the implementation of the emergency responses are relevant to the identified needs and review if necessary in line with the NRC procedures.
- Provide support with countrywide emergency preparedness and prepositioning of supplies if needed.
- Provide emergency response specific support and input to the recruitment process for emergency response project staff.
Our Ideal candidate Skills, Knowledge and Experience;
- Post-graduate with minimum 5 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian context
- Emergency Response expertise
- Humanitarian coordination experience
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of the context in Afghanistan
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts (required), multi-country disaster preparedness, response and recovery programming.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the local languages – Dari and Pashto