Ashoka, Bangalore, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Position at Ashoka
Ashoka is unleashing demand for empathy as a 21st century skill. Our Global Empathy Initiative has mobilized a powerful group of social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), schools (Ashoka Changemaker Schools), media thought leaders, and other partners to drive a fundamental shift in children’s education and coming of age.
We are looking for an extraordinary entrepreneur to lead the Empathy initiative in South Asia
We have a powerful opportunity for an imaginative, collaborative entrepreneur. If you are an accomplished leader (from any field) who has built or grown an organization from early stages to large size, has built teams, believes in the power of networks, and are looking for the next big challenge, come join us.
- Lead, grow, and collaborate with Ashoka’s teams to build the Empathy initiative in South Asia as part of a collaborative entrepreneurship global movement.
- Work with Ashoka’s CEO and other senior stakeholders to build the region as an integrated, fluid team of teams by weaving together Ashoka Fellows, carefully selected movement partners - teacher’s organizations and ed schools, publishers/media, government agencies, youth and parent organizations
- Raise resources, pioneer new revenue models, and garner strategic support to help make “Every child must master Empathy” the new normal.
- Design and lead systems to unleash compelling insights from Ashoka Fellow innovations
The Empathy Leader should have a track record of creating new ideas that have resulted in a systemic change in his/her field. He/she should believe deeply in the power of social entrepreneurship and understand Ashoka’s Everyone a Changemaker™ vision.
- Profound empathy and cultural sensitivity
- Experience working with and/or managing programs centered around furthering empathy, and/or changemaking, able to tap into the power of a network and see trends
- Networks which cut across sectors (such as education, NGO, government, commercial, Media, etc)
- A track record of innovating solutions and successfully bringing them to fruition
- Experience in signiﬁcantly scaling the social impact of organizations
- Proven ability to lead through inﬂuence, ideas, and exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated eﬀectiveness in major client/partner relationship management, fundraising, resource mobilization, and balanced budget management
- Gracious team player and emotional maturity
- Minimum of 10 years' experience