The World Bank, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Support the preparation and supervision of investment operations in the energy sector – including in energy efficiency and renewable energy, Public Private Partnership investments in infrastructure projects; and reforms.
- Participate or lead analytical and advisory work in the energy sector and related areas;
- Participate in energy sector strategy development and policy dialogue;
- Provide inputs to operational products/outputs for sector and country briefings, analytical and advisory reports and studies, portfolio performance and monitoring reviews, and liaison between the energy and extractives practice and the country unit on energy issues;
- Co-lead or contribute to the coordination with stakeholders in Egypt– specifically our development partners, donors and regional institutions in the energy and related sectors to achieve alignment in the country and regional-level sector support strategies, as well as in preparing joint investment projects to leverage World Bank IBRD resources.
- Minimum master’s degree in business, engineering, economics or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with multilateral financial institution, International institutions or bilateral donors dealing with energy sector strategic and policy issues as well as participating or leading operational and analytic work.
- A track record of team work and ability to produce high-quality policy and project related written outputs with limited supervision. Strong research and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to deliver high caliber analytical work will be a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated local and/or regional operational experience, including experience in preparing and implementing energy projects and analytical work in areas such as energy efficiency and renewable energy; preparation of investment projects in power generation; energy sector reforms; and tariff calculation and reforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong partnerships with clients and colleagues across units and departmental boundaries in a multi-cultural environment with virtual teams located in different countries.
- Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with senior policy makers and donor counterparts.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic is essential.