English Language Editor
IOM, Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
This position will be based in Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC), Philippines and may only be filled by the country's nationals.
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Migration Policy Research Division and the direct supervision of the Publications Coordinator based in Headquarters, the English Language Editor is responsible and accountable in editing manuscripts intended to be published as IOM publications.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Communication Arts, Development Communications, Mass Communications, English Studies, English Literature or a relevant field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Substantial editorial experience;
- In-depth knowledge of IOM House Style and IOM Spelling List
- Strong knowledge of UNTERM and United Nations Style;
- Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style and APA Style;
- Proficiency in MS applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PPT) and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC;
- Familiarity with subjects of direct relevance to the work of IOM, including research and operational experience in major areas of IOM activities an advantage;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proactive team player who can work under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work on simultaneous jobs, can work independently and thinks strategically;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.