Enterprise Adviser - National Officer
International Labour Organization, Port-au-prince, Haiti
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Better Work is a unique partnership program between the International Labor Organization (ILO) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC). it aims to improve labor standards and competitiveness in global supply chains. Better, Work involves the development of both global tools and country-level projects. The focus is on developing scalable and sustainable solutions that build cooperation between government, employer and worker organizations, and international buyers.
Improving labor standards in global supply chains is an essential part of a pro-poor development strategy. Ensuring workers’ rights and entitlements are protected, distributing the benefits of trade. Better Work supports enterprises in implementing the ILO core international labor standards and national labor law. This helps enterprises compete in global markets where many buyers demand compliance with labor standards from their suppliers.
The Better Work Haiti Enterprise Advisor reports to Better Work Haiti Chief Technical Advisor through a senior team leader based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. The supervisor for technical soundness and appropriateness controls the work product.
Description of Duties
The supervisor for technical soundness and appropriateness controls the work product
- Independently conduct enterprise assessment of labor standards and management systems at the enterprise level;
- Independently produce high standard reports in English on (i) assessments findings, (ii) recommendations for improvement, (iii) enterprise improvement plans, and (iv) progress reports on implementation;
- Review the reports of other advisors as part of the peer review Better Work quality assurance system;
- Provide high-quality enterprise-level consultancy services designed to improve enterprise performance, including coaching, facilitating management and union improvement committees, providing technical advice, and conducting classroom-based training;
- Select, adapt and contextualize Better Work products for use at the individual enterprise level based on needs;
- Provide technical advice and input into the development of Better Work research, products, and strategies;
- Actively contribute to the project’s monitoring and evaluation strategy, research plan, and knowledge management strategy;
- Contribute to the financial sustainability strategy of the project, including encouraging the participation of enterprises in project activities, a strong outcome focus, and effective time management of consultancy services;
- Liaise with the ILO training Officer as well as the IR Specialist to ensure the quality of service provision and sharing of materials and best practices;
- Other duties as required by the supervisor.
- University degree in human resource management, adult education, international development, law or other relevant fields, or equivalent in experience.
- At least two years in social dialogue,
- Capacity building in the private sector in developing countries,
- Corporate social responsibility (particularly in labor standards compliance and remediation) or another relevant field.
- Excellent command of English, French, and Creole.
- Spanish would be a plus.