Entomological Surveillance Officer
PATH, Lusaka, Zambia
Closing Date for Applications:
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with training of local staff in IRS and entomological trainings.
- Collecting, organizing and presenting results of IRS and entomological monitoring activities.
- Contributing to development and management project-related plans, budgets, and team requirements.
- Building national and district capacity in malaria vectors characterization and surveillance of vector resistance.
- Presenting and publishing the experience, scientific findings, and lessons learned from the IRS program in national, regional and international fora.
- Work with specialized software program to contribute to the development of a national database on entomological and IRS surveillance activities.
- Support all malaria elimination entomological and epidemiological monitoring/studies for the project-supported districts with planning and implementation.
- Contribute to the development of guidelines and standard operating procedures where necessary, to assure quality and high scientific standards in the entomology work.
- Contributing to capacity building of national and local entomology staff and promoting sustainability of the routine entomological work related to IRS and monitoring vector populations.
- Work in team situation with minimum supervision.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills; experience facilitating trainings highly desired.
- Highly organized, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities and ability to work well under deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include conflict resolution, priority management and managing expectations of multiple clients.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook—must have demonstrable ability to format documents, prepare charts and manage data; experience with MS Access preferred.
- Degree holder in relevant field (biology, entomology, ecology or other relevant field), experience working with entomological studies and / or implementing indoor residual spraying activities in the context of malaria control programs.
- You must currently have legal authorization to work in Zambia.