EpiC Kazakhstan Finance and Administrative Assistant
FHI 360, Kazakhstan
Closing Date for Applications:
The Finance & Administrative Assistant will support the EpiC Kazakhstan Finance and Operations Manager in financial management, administration and other operational functions of the office. Reporting to the Finance and Operations Manager, s/he will also assist in project accounting, record keeping, travel coordination, procurement, inventory management, and logistics support for EpiC staff and activities. In addition, s/he will be responsible for managing files and other data within the office and ensure compliance with FHI 360, PEPFAR and USAID rules and regulations. This position will be based in Almaty, Kazakhstan and is open to Kazakh residents.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of key populations affected by HIV are actively encouraged to apply.
- Provide support to and coordinating project administrative activities within FHI 360 and USAID guidelines and regulations;
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager with overarching project financial management tasks;
- Assist in financial reconciliations with respect to bank, balance sheet, vendors, inventory, etc.;
- Prepare payment vouchers, payments in online-banking system and FHI 360 system, and supporting documentation ;
- Assist in the procurement lifecycle including collect of quotes, preparation of bid evaluation; monitors contracts with vendors, etc;
- File payment vouchers, supporting documentations, workshop and travel retirements;
- Serve as technical HR Focal point;
- Ensure accurate record keeping for the office;
- Serve as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs;
- Coordinating all administrative support services for the office;
- Coordinate logistical organization of workshops/seminars/conferences and trainings for partners and clients;
- Prepare workshops schedule/payment to participants;
- Keep proper office records/filings as appropriate;
- Coordinate all travel details/logistics for EpiC staff, consultants and other visitors including booking hotel accommodations and arranging for airport and hotel pick-ups;
- Coordinate all records and storage of supplies for assigned offices;
- Provide necessary assistance to program staff if required.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the Finance and Operations Manager and Project Director.
- Associates Degree or its international equivalent in business, accounting or finance with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience; five or more years preferred;
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, partners, and recipients of assistance;
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize and handle high-pressure situations;
- Ability to interpret financial and other quantitative information and reports;
- Able to handle quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering information;
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times;
- Able to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID, Kazakh counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector;
- Knowledge of Kazakh financial reporting requirements;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Any Kazakh relevant professional qualifications are an advantage;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Fluency in English, Russian and Kazakh is required.