The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 8,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has recently implemented a new cloud-based ERP system, that we call DRC Dynamics. It is based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations and was launched in January 2019 in approximately 43 countries. We have more than 6,500 primary users of the system.
About the job
The Dynamics System Specialist will be working closely with cross functional team members, stakeholders and super users to understand business and functional requirements and implement technical components, system configuration, and solutions in line with the capabilities of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Work as second line of cross functional support.
- Responsible for configuration, implementation, development and maintenance of DRC Dynamics.
- In charge of the design of solutions in line with DRC needs and requirements and system capabilities.
- Deliver inputs to business cases for change requests.
- Responsible for debugging system issues and their follow-up with the Implementation Partner and/or Microsoft.
- Ensure close dialogue with Business Process experts in DRC and Microsoft.
- Plan and perform test for bugs and change requests.
- Plan and perform test for updates from Microsoft.
- Work across other areas of the business to support cross-training as required.
- To be successful in this role we expect you to be customer focused and comfortable with a mix of support and development. It is important that you also are comfortable with trainings and being in daily contact with a broad range of stakeholders.
- All employees should master DRC's core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Broad understanding of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
- 1 year of experience with ERP systems, either from an operational organization or from implementation projects.
- Hands-on experience of ERP configuring.
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on simple and complex system issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Results-oriented individual who can prioritize and execute activities in a high-pressure environment.
- Passion for continuous learning, critical thinking and good judgement.
- Demonstrated cultural sensibility and adaptability.
- Fluent in English – written and oral.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science, Information Technology, Computer Science Engineering or MBA or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of French and/or Danish.
- Work experience from an international NGO.