EU Representative & Executive Director
World Vision International(WVI), Brussels, Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
- Oversee and coordinate the building, maintaining and expanding of World Vision’s relationships with EU institutions in Brussels and around the world, with the aim to maximize World Vision’s influence on the policies, processes and programs of the EU as a global actor.
- Work with World Vision colleagues in other European countries, in the Global Centre of WVI, in Regional and National offices and in support offices around the world to increase the global volume of grants acquired from official EU institutions and other funding sources and to ensure a high quality of implementation and administration of such grants.
- Provide vision, strategy and leadership in World Vision Brussels & EU Representation’s engagement with the EU institutions, EU-level civil society networks, media, Churches, the private sector and other EU-level stakeholders.
- Maintain and build relationships with World Vision offices in Europe, and in regional and international offices, and participate in World Vision internal networks and bodies.
- Lead the implementation of WV International’s global capitals strategy at EU level and ensure it meshes with other relevant strategies across World Vision.
- Lead the team of WV EUREP in the development and implementation of the office’s strategy and plan, including nurturing a positive team dynamic, the recruitment and management of staff, and management of budget and infrastructure in
- line with World Vision’s Core Values and other guiding documents.
- Function as Executive Director of the international non-profit association WV EUREP and ensure its full compliance with Belgian and international fiscal, administrative and legal regulations and requirements, reporting to the Board of WV EUREP.
KNOWLDEGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Master's degree level, preferably in international development, humanitarian issues, political science, international relations; or business with a core in international management.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in specialized fields and minimum of 7 years’ experience in senior strategic leadership role.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to influence effectively in large international and multicultural organizations.
- Strong grasp of business development, marketing and financial management concepts and principles and how they apply to the international development and humanitarian sector.
- Strong people skills with demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate a diverse and international team of highly skilled experts, fostering a positive and purposeful dynamic.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of the European Union’s institutions and processes, especially in the development and humanitarian fields.
- Demonstrated diplomatic skills and experience.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and French; other European languages desirable.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Advocacy processes and methodologies.
- Proven ability to speak convincingly towards international and influential audiences.
- Strong knowledge, understanding and passion for development and humanitarian policies and practices.