Evaluation, Analysis, and Learning (EAL) Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council, Beirut, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) unit supports management in the learning, program structure, systems, and tools to measure the impact of NRC Lebanon’s work. The main objective of the EAL Coordinator is to improve programme and organisational learning. The position holder will contribute to this objective through the planning and implementation of M&E tools at designated stages within the project cycle and through their central role in ensuring the quality implementation of sector learning and evaluation activities. The EAL Coordinator will play a key role in capacity building on M&E principles and programme learning approaches, as well as well quantitative and qualitative methods used in quality programme monitoring; they will also be key in developing and rolling out key countrywide initiatives – e.g., complaints feedback and response mechanism.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E procedures, guidance, and tools.
- Participate in programme review, and theory of change development and review and log-frame design.
- Support programme staff in developing data collection methodologies and tools and in data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, research projects and assessments in programme development, adjustment, or review.
- Encourage active knowledge management and organizational learning based on M&E findings
- Build the capacity of and train programme and M&E staff on related technical and conceptual areas.
- Ensure the dissemination and use of NRC best practices, approaches, standards and indicators in M&E
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Periodically review programme implementation of M&E activities as per agreed plans to identify gaps and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in the development of M&E procedures and ensure proper implementation.
- Visit field sites as needed to provide technical support on assessment and M&E.
- Provide technical input on outcome monitoring methodologies, data analysis plans, and reporting.
- Support internal monitoring and reporting processes.
- Build the analytical capacity of the M&E team in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Represent NRC in consortia M&E working groups, as needed.
- Work with the Line Manager to roll out strategic initiatives to the Area Management, such as the roll-out of inter-agency targeting questionnaire, RAIS, Kobo collect, and CRM database.
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, International Development, Economics, Statistics, or any other related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar field, preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development
- Demonstrable experience participating in assessments or surveys in Arabic
- Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs
- Direct experience with both quantitative and qualitative methods; this should include sampling, survey development, and basic statistical analysis
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Proficient in MS Office Applications; including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access
- Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, or R (desirable)
- Experience using business intelligence tools (desirable)
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Strategic thinking
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments