Evaluation Analyst, Evaluation Office
UNFPA, New York, United States
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The position of Evaluation Analyst is located in the UNFPA Headquarters in New York and reports to the Director, UNFPA Evaluation Office, New York.
- Support to evaluation managers in implementation of selected corporate evaluations within the Evaluation Plan;
- Coordination of the evaluation quality assurance and assessment system;
- Support to evaluation capacity development;
- Contributes to Evaluation Office planning and reporting including contributing to the Annual Evaluation Plan and Report to the Executive Board.
- Work Relations
- External partners include UN agencies; donor community; international organizations and counterparts on substantive issues including NGOs and civil society organisations, community-based organisations, Academia, and Research Institutions, professional associations, and international evaluation specialists;
- Internal partners include HQ Divisions and Branches, Regional and Country Offices and UNFPA technical networks, reference groups and expert working groups.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree in public policy, public health, population/demography, international economics, and/or social science disciplines.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two years of professional experience conducting/contributing to evaluations including experience in conducting evaluations in lower and middle income countries; ideally within the United Nations or a similar system;
- Two years of professional experience conducting/contributing to evaluations in areas of UNFPA mandate including sexual and reproductive health, gender, data and population dynamics, adolescents and youth;
- Knowledge of decentralized evaluation systems and mechanisms;
- Excellent technical knowledge of evaluation approaches, evaluation design, data collection including qualitative and quantitative methods, methodologies for data analysis, preparation of evaluation reports, disseminating evaluation results;
- Excellent knowledge of emerging global issues and evaluation trends that impact on the work of the Office and skills necessary to advance the evaluation function in the organization;
- Excellent analytical, report writing and communication skills;
- Excellent presentation (oral and written) skills and the ability to represent the evaluation office and to effectively communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner to all audiences;
- Strong statistical skills and advanced user of Stata, SPSS and Excel;
- Strong skills in conducting financial analysis and preparation, conduct and analysis of surveys;
- Experience organizing conferences, stakeholder workshops, technical sessions;
- Experience with Powerpoint, infographics and other presentation tools.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills are required, advanced knowledge of French or Spanish would be an asset.